[vdr] 1.3.25 Change Breaks NVOD References

Chris Warren dvb at ixalon.net
Fri Jun 10 15:09:40 CEST 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org
> [mailto:vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of Anssi Hannula
>
> What is NVOD reference? ;)

It's the way DVB sends episode guide data for frequently repeated events,
mainly used for pay-per-view type services (Near Video On Demand). It
basically sends one copy of the normal event (title, description, etc.) and
then pointers to it for every time it's repeated.

Page 28/29 of
http://www.bjpace.com.cn/data/tec/tec-DVB/DVB%20BlueBooks%20Standards/Specif
ications%20and%20Standards/multiplexing/dvb-si/A005r1.pdf give you a few
diagrams of how it works.

Not that I can view the NVOD channels on anything other than my proper cable
box, but it's nice to have VDR's episode guide showing the correct
information so I don't need to rely on my cable company's pathetic excuse
for an episode guide to know if there's anything worth ordering :)

Chris