[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr 1.3 SUSE RPMs

M. Fiegert ml11 at trigfee.de
Fri Jun 17 02:29:51 CEST 2005

> I've built RPM packages for 1.3.26.
> Post success stories here, this check has to go before 1.4 :-)

Hi,

you asked just at the right moment.
I`m  about to renew my vdr running for 5 years now, currently still a
variant of 1.2.6 (no suse package), and just tried linvdr to have a look
at some plugins.
But since I want to have this computer do some more jobs I installed a
fresh Suse 9.3 and then your new rpm.
The configuration used: Fujitsu Siemens Scenic X100 (cheap, silent);
celeron 2.8GHz, 256MB;  1* Hauppauge DVBs 1.3 FF card, 1* Hauppage Nova

Result: the rpm installed without problems,  vdr works, but uses only
one  dvb card.
This seems to be no problem of the 1.3 rpm but of Suse 9.3 though?!
In yast both cards can be configured and both are shown in hardware
info, but for nova the driver is marked inactive!
I couldn`t find out how to change this yet.

(LinVdr 0.7 installed in 5 minutes and used both cards without problems)

Greetings

   Michael