[vdr] firmware does not load

Olaf Meltzer olaf.meltzer at gmx.de
Sat Jun 18 17:52:01 CEST 2005

Hi!

Since this is my first message, have a look at my local
equipment:

Mobo : ASUS
CPU  : Athlon XP 2600
RAM  : 512 MByte
Video: nVIDIA GeForce MX/MX 400 (nVIDIA 3D driver)
Sound: 1.) Onboard (inactiv)
       2.) Soundblaster 16 digital (system and TV-sound)
       3.) M-Audio Delta Audiophil 2496 (audio editing)
TV   : 1.) Hauppauge Nexus S (satellite)
       2.) Terratec 1200 DVB-T PCI (terrestial)

One and a half year ago or so I started my first
vdr-installation on SuSE 8.2 and with the Hauppauge Nexus
only, downloading the sources of dvb-driver, vdr and kvdr.

Later, under SuSE 9.1 and now 9.3, I used the delivered
system. The Hauppauge Nexus S was detected automatically.

Now I bought the budget Terratec 1200 DVB-T PCI, which, as
the VDR-WIKI told me, should be fine in conjunction with
the fullfeatured Nexus. And it is!

@leo

The only dvb-ttpci-01.fw on my system is a symbolic link to
one of the actual firmware-files

  /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw
  -> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261d

The other firmware-file resides in the same location

 /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261d

I got the appropriate firmware for the Terratec through the
help of a perl script 'get_dvb_firmware' located in

 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/

To access the local DVB-T channels in Hamburg, I filled the
appropiate channels list from VDR-WIKI into my

 /etc/vdr/channels.conf

Most of these stations come in clear, without one bouquet
(NDR). But this in another message.

Greetings -- Olaf Meltzer
--
Olaf Meltzer,  Im Fliederbusch 31,  22589 Hamburg
Telefon +49-40-871146       Mobil +49-179-3669047
Fax: +49-40-871146     Email: olaf.meltzer at gmx.de