[vdr] dvd plugin

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Mon Jun 27 10:02:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

> 2) I was testing FF and REW and it locked up VDR and the DVB driver - had
> to reboot.

I've this on some DVDs too and the red button (skip to pos) doesn't work
then either. I get an OSD error message telling me something about "Read
errors". The OSD message doesn't dissapear and nothing else can be done (no
exit, no menu...). Restarting VDR helps.
I don't think this is because of a defective DVD, because I already viewed
that DVD up to the point where I wanted to jump to.

Another issue:
3) DVD playback doesn't play up to the end. I have an selfburned DVD (from
TV broadcast) an watched it lately, but I couldn't manage to watch the last
six (or so) seconds as playback stopped before. Any ideas?

BTW: I'm using VDR 1.3.25 and DVD plugin from CVS.

Regards,
Andreas