[vdr] dvd plugin

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Wed Jun 29 09:41:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

is the current DVD plugin developer on the list?
Is there a chance to get the VDR hangings fixed when the DVD plugin gets a
read error. It's very annoying, I lost again some minutes on a recording :(

Regards,
Andreas

On Monday 27 June 2005 10:02, Andreas Mair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > 2) I was testing FF and REW and it locked up VDR and the DVB driver -
> > had to reboot.
>
> I've this on some DVDs too and the red button (skip to pos) doesn't work
> then either. I get an OSD error message telling me something about "Read
> errors". The OSD message doesn't dissapear and nothing else can be done
> (no exit, no menu...). Restarting VDR helps.
> I don't think this is because of a defective DVD, because I already
> viewed that DVD up to the point where I wanted to jump to.
>
> Another issue:
> 3) DVD playback doesn't play up to the end. I have an selfburned DVD
> (from TV broadcast) an watched it lately, but I couldn't manage to watch
> the last six (or so) seconds as playback stopped before. Any ideas?
>
> BTW: I'm using VDR 1.3.25 and DVD plugin from CVS.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Andreas Mair (andreas.mair at linogate.com)
Linogate - Internet Technologies (http://www.linogate.com)