[vdr] Is there a current Mplayer.sh for apid selection?

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Wed Mar 2 01:51:17 CET 2005

C.Y.M wrote:
>> This effect is due to the different numbering scheme for audio tracks
>> in mpeg and avi files (avi: 1-99, mpeg: 0-31, see man mplayer). Some
>> time ago I had posted a patch for the mplayer.sh in the forum on
>> vdrportal.de
>> (http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?postid=177058#post177058).
>> This patch increases the AID variable by 1 if an avi file is detected.
>> And it also checks if the selected audio track is available in the
>> file. If the selected audio track number is not present in the file,
>> the -aid parameter is not used in the mplayer command line. This patch
>> is for an older version of the mplayer.sh file, so I think it doesn't
>> apply without some small changes.
>>

> Thank you. I have created a new patch for mplayer.sh-0.8.6 using the
> information kindly provided.

OK, sorry for all the confusion, but this patch still does not work correctly.
I have even hard-coded the AID variable to "0" in the mplayer.sh script and the
secondary audio track is still selected.  I am only testing this against native
vdr files (not avi or mpegs).  Perhaps there is something different about
playing native vdr files?

Best Regards,
C.Y.M.