[vdr] VDR on DBox2

Huber, Matthias RD-CP1 Matthias.Huber at heidelberg.com
Tue Mar 8 07:49:48 CET 2005

Hello,
I've got a VDR server running with vdr-1.3.17. I also run a VDR
streaming client (VIA Epia based) with vdr-1.3.11 over streamdev and NFS
without problems.
Now I try to get VDR running on a DBox2. The tuxbox project (Linux for
Dbox2) incorporates a patched vdr-1.2.6. I could get this installed, OSD
works, remote control works with LIRC.
My problem is, if I try to replay a recording from the server via NFS,
data gets streamed, but I see no pictures and hear no sound...
Is anybody else running VDR on Dbox2 ?
Is the recording format (of 001.vdr, e.g.) backward-compatible from
1.3.17 to 1.2.6 ?
Greetings,
Matthias