[vdr] DXR3, which versions to select?

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Thu Mar 10 20:36:53 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 17:46, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> Maybe this is the site / patch you meant?
> http://users.utu.fi/~mijutu/digitv/vdr/

Right. I put together a little patch for em8300 if anyone else stuck with a
7175 likes to give it a try. This one only works for pal but adding ntsc
support would be very simple. My tv can't eat ntsc so I can't really test
what the numbers (480, 520, 31, 238 maybe?) for em8300_dicom.c could be.

On that note the ENCODER_MODE_WIDE43 and EM8300_VIDEOMODE_WIDE43 should
probably be called ENCODER_MODE_PAL_WIDE43 and EM8300_VIDEOMODE_PAL_WIDE43
respectively but I left it untouched so that the dxr3 patch from that site
works without modification.

Also doesn't anyone else think the driver throws out a crap load of useless
printks all the time? Why would the casual user care if there's for
example a "FIFO sync timeout"? After a day or two my dmesg is full of this
kind of nonsense, making it harder to spot some potentially more
interesting messages.  Another trivial patch attached for anyone who
cares.