[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] xine-0.7.2 plugin via network without streamdev

Chad Flynt hoochster at sofnet.com
Sun Mar 13 18:52:42 CET 2005

Hello,

Just some hopefully simple questions concerning the Xine over Network
setup.  I have had Xine running great through VDR over the network using
the Streamdev Client.  But was wanting to try out this new way of doing
things.  I have 2 FF cards, and setup the VDR_SERVER_ADDRESS as far as I
could tell being correct.  I compiled xine-ui and xine-lib on the VDR
Server and also the client.  I have compile the plugin on the Server.
All using the sources provided by Peter, all except I grabbed the
Xine-lib CVS and patched with the socket patch due to having some
compile errors using the pre-patched source.  Anyways VDR runs no
problem, shows the plugin in the list.  But I am confused on how I go
about making the client connect.  I am not sure if I just run XINE from
the client and being as we put the IP of the VDR server in there, it has
the proper information or what.  But no matter what I am not getting any
output.  Just was interested to know if there was something I am
missing.  I appreciate the insight.

Thanks

Chad