[vdr] VDR developer version 1.3.23
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Mar 20 16:44:09 CET 2005
VDR developer version 1.3.23 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
The main changes in this version were in the area of assigning
events to timers, and handling VPS (especially for repeating
timers). You should still be very careful when using VPS, and maybe
program a second timer without VPS and an additional time frame
if you want to record something that is important. However, I
believe some real world testing of VPS recording is feasible now.
The changes since version 1.3.22:
- The setup option "DVB/Video display format" is now only available if "Video format"
is set to "4:3" (suggested by Mikko Salo).
- Updated the Russian OSD texts (thanks to Vyacheslav Dikonov).
- Dropped CA support for the old '-icam' firmware.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Updated the Swedish OSD texts (thanks to Tomas Prybil).
- Fixed a few French OSD texts that were in the wrong place.
- Improved matching timers to EPG events, especially in case there are several events
with the same VPS time.
- Fixed cDolbyRepacker to allow recording ProSieben HD broadcasts (thanks to Reinhard
- Fixed cDvbDevice::SetVideoDisplayFormat() in case of 16:9 (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- The running status of a VPS event is now only taken seriously if that event has been
seen within the last 30 seconds - otherwise recording is done as if no VPS was
- The day of a timer is now stored as a full date in ISO notation ("YYYY-MM-DD") in
'timers.conf' and for the result of the SVDRP command LSTT (based in parts on a
patch by Roman Krenický).
- Some fixes to avoid compiler warnings in gcc 4.0 (thanks to Ville Skyttä for reporting
- Single shot timers are now reliably deleted when they have expired.
- Fixed setting the colored button help after deleting a recording in case the next
menu entry is a directory (thanks to Steffen Beyer).
- Improved falling back to normal recording if the VPS data hasn't been seen for more
than 30 seconds.
- Added a missing cMutexLock to cRemote::HasKeys() (thanks to Wolfgang Rohdewald).
- All log entries regarding timers now contain a short description of the timer.
The DVB driver I am currently using can be found at
which is the CVS 'HEAD' version from 2004-12-26, made available as a complete
archive for your convenience.
Of course, you can also use any newer driver version.
More information about the vdr