[vdr] DXR3 + VGA overlay?

Laurence Abbott laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 16:54:39 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 15:55 +0300, Markku Tavasti wrote:
> Laurence Abbott <laz at club-burniston.co.uk> writes:
>
> > I tried using a dxr3 as a vga overlay and it was a nightmare! Never
> > really got it going properly. I think the main problem was getting the
> > picture positioned correctly within the dxr3view window, and this also
> > seemed to move about!
>
> At least with mplayer it works ok.

Does mplayer use its own dxr overlay window? It's been a while since I
tried these things!

> What has to be done to get dxr3 plugin to output on overlay?

The em8300 drivers (for the dxr3) have the dxr3view application which
gives you a window with the dxr3 output in it. _I think_ all I did was
run vdr with the dxr3 plugin and then run dxr3view to see the output in
a window. You need to specify that you want loopback when you load the
dxr3 modules.

% modinfo em8300
% modinfo bt865 (or the other one, depending on the dxr3 version!)

to see which parameters. They are documented on the home page of the
dxr3 drivers.

Cheers,

Laz