[vdr] Xine and 16:9

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu May 5 00:37:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

Laz wrote:

>>Maybe it's as simple as setting a fixed aspect ratio for xine:
>>
>>   -r <mode>   Set aspect ratio of video output. Modes are:
>>               'auto', 'square', '4:3', 'anamorphic', 'dvb'.
>>
>>So adding "-r '4:3'" when running xine should do the trick.
>
> I'm playing about with xine command-line options to get the xine plugin going
> at its best.
>
> Reinhard: what is the full set of xine options that you are using?

Well, I think that other people make use of much more options than I've
discovered so far ;-)

This is how I run xine at the moment:

xine --verbose=2 -V vidix -A alsa
-Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=1
--post vdr vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de