[vdr] Vdr and Parental Lock

Sad sad at ntica.com
Mon May 30 14:17:28 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm planning to work back on the parental lock plugin that I've made
loong time ago, and which doesn't work anymore on the last VDR version
(by the way, congratulations to all vdr/plugin developer)

I'm thinking of a way to "limit" the needed patches for such "options",
and I wonder if there is no way to include one more field to the
channels.conf, which would enable/disable the viewing of the channel (in
locked mode).

What I propose is to implement by myself this features (to the cChannel
class) and I wonder if this could be implemented to the next VDR
versions (not the full parental lock functions, but only the
channels.conf field, reading functions and one little more function such
as bool cChannels.IsLocked(), the rest of the parental lock
implementation still under plugin form).
I guess this should not break anything...

@Klaus : Do you think it is possible?

Sad