[vdr] (small) patch for uclibc-compatibility wanted?

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Tue Nov 1 13:59:29 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm a relatively new VDR user and very happy with it. As I like to
fiddle with such things, I've tried to compile it against uclibc
instead of glibc. This worked without problems, but it turned out to be
slightly more complicated due to VDR's use of a glibc extension to the
sscanf function ("%a[..."), which is defined in another way in C99.

VDR uses this only when parsing config files. It was easy to implement
a small dirty hack that works around this, but it would be easy to
construct a clean patch, too.

If there is demand for such a patch, please give me a short notice,
I'll post it here, then. Of course this doesn't make much sense if VDR
is focussing on glibc only - I can live fine with the hack...

I'm currently happily running VDR (1.3.34) from a uclibc-based system
and haven't noticed any problems yet.

-hwh