[vdr] Problem with transfer mode, xine plugin and ActualDevice

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Nov 1 17:05:52 CET 2005

Well, I don't know where the problem actually lies (I guess the xine
plugin), but:

I'm using vdr with a dxr3 and the xine-newtork plugin (0.7.4, I know I
should update it, but I couldn't spot anything related to this problem
in HISTORY for 0.7.5 and 0.7.6).
Normally the dxr3 is the primary device but when the xine plugin is in
use it will switch itself as the primary. The problem is that right
after the switch a new transfer thread starts *before* the previous one
ends, so receiverDevice is left pointing to NULL, so that ActualDevice
fails to report the correct device, until the next channel switch.

Bye