[vdr] EPG data...

Richard Lithvall richard at lithvall.se
Tue Nov 1 23:13:10 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>> The <event id> is an arbitrary value. The only requirement is that it
>>> is unique within the given service.
>>
>> Hmm, does this value count when deciding an event's uniqueness?
>
> I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.
> The event id has to be unique. Two events with the same event id
> are the _same_ event, no matter what the rest of their data is.

OK, I'm having a hard time trying to express my self :) But I think I'm
getting the picture, see further down...

>> OK, so if I send my "not known to be good" data with table id 0x50 and
>> higher (or even 0x6F just to be sure), it would be overwritten by the
>> providers EPG-data when they send their (conflicting)
>> present/following events (0x4E/0x4F)?
>
> Events from the data stream with table ids that are less than an
> existing event with the same event id or start time will overwrite
> the existing data.

Sounds promising for my needs. To make sure I understand I'll try to
summarize;

If I populate a channel with custom EPG-data and setting <table id> to
0x6F and the <event id> to some random made up unique value the EPG-data
will always be overwritten by events coming from the providers data
stream as long as the <table id> is less than 0x6F and start time are
the same no matter what the <event id> are?

Regards,
Richard