[vdr] [Feature request] Always prefer DolbyDigital-track

Antti Hartikainen ami+vdr at ah.fi
Wed Nov 2 09:42:36 CET 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Antti Hartikainen wrote:

>> >  What about contacting the provider and asking them why they don't
>> >  set the language code for the DD track correctly?
>>

>>  What if it is correctly? =)
>>
>>  So there is 2 same languages, other in MPEG (total of 4 different) and
>>  other in AC3 (only one track).
>
> Then VDR would take the proper DD track if you have previously switched to
> a DD track ;-)

Hmm.

Doesn't work for me.

If i switch to CANAL+FILM:
CANAL+
FILM;Telenor:11278:v:S1.0W:24500:512:652=nor,653=fin,650=sve,651=dan;654=eng:576:B00:301:70:3:0

Then I choose dolby track, then switch to canal+film2:

CANAL+ FILM
2;Telenor:11278:v:S1.0W:24500:515:682=nor,683=fin,680=sve,681=dan;679=nor:579:B00:308:70:3:0

it selects pid 683 as default track (MPEG).

Switching back to CANAL+FILM selects finnish (653, MPEG) as default
audio.

currently i have only "fin" at preferred audio tracks. If a have "eng
fin" then it selects dolby at canal+film, but not at canal+film2,
where dolby language is "nor". And as i said earlier, puting
preferred audio as "eng nor fin" is not an option, 'cos almost every
canal digital channel has nor and fin languages.