[vdr] [Feature request] Always prefer DolbyDigital-track

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Nov 2 15:30:51 CET 2005

Antti Hartikainen wrote:
> I can't find feature that prefers always Dolby Digital/DTS track, even
> there it's not preferred language (on dolby digital), and there is MPEG
> track in preferred languages.

To sum things up:

The current behavior is to pick the track with the highest language
precedence, and if there are mpeg and DD tracks of this language
available, decide on CurrentDolby status.
(Imho thats a quite logical way to handle it.)

You want to give CurrentDolby a higher priority. How should this work?
Assume there are mpeg tracks in your preferred language, but there is
also a DD track in Swahili available. Do you still prefer this?

I guess the only way to resolve this in a flexible and consistent way is
to extend the preferred language system: Allow to set preferred
languages as 'any type', 'mpeg only' and 'dolby only'. In your case, the
preferred language list could look like this:

  Finnish (DD only)
  English (DD only)
  Norwegian (DD only)
  Finnish (any type)
  English (any type)

Thats just my 2c. I don't need this, so its up to you to convince Klaus
or to find someone that develops a patch.

Cheers,

Udo