[vdr] xmltv2vdr timeout

Gregory Dudek dudek at cim.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 2 17:03:20 CET 2005

The problem is that xmltv2vdr sets it's timeout
for the whole EPG conversion process, I think.  If your
xmltv2vdr conversion takes along time (due to large files, slow
computer, slow network connection, slow disk, etc.) then you can get a

I think the problem can be fixed by editing the file xmltv2vdr.pl
and making a minor edit to the function (subroutine) ProcessEpg.
Look for ProcessEpg, and the look for the code below.  The line
needs to be inserted.  It resets the timeout counter after each line of
the XML file
is processed.  (This is a bit excessive, but fixes the problem.)

   foreach $xmlline (@xmllines)
      chomp $xmlline;

      # New XML Program - doesn't handle split programs yet