[vdr] Problem with transfer mode, xine plugin and ActualDevice

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Nov 2 18:49:50 CET 2005

En/na Reinhard Nissl ha escrit:

> Please provide me a showcase with femon. I could hack vdr-xine for
> multiple devices and try to reproduce this problem here too.

femon uses ActualDevice to open the frontend, if it cannot it will
simply not show anything (that's how I spotted the problem, btw, and
looking at syslog to see that there was a transfer thread stopping after
the new one had started).

In femonosd.c, method cFemonOsd::Show:

 asprintf(&dev, FRONTEND_DEVICE, cDevice::ActualDevice()->CardIndex(), 0);
  m_Frontend = open(dev, O_RDONLY | O_NONBLOCK);

I added right after that an

 printf("frontend %s\n",dev);

to see what it's getting.

Grepping for ActualDevice I can see that it's also used in eitscan.c,
actuator[*], streamdev, subtitles, ttxtsubs.

[*]I copied that part from rotor, so it's probably using ActualDevice too.

Bye.