[vdr] second vdradmin question of the day

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Thu Nov 3 14:45:05 CET 2005

Hi Tony,

On Thursday 03 November 2005 13:55, tony wrote:
> Le jeudi 03 novembre 2005 à 09:49 +0100, Andreas Mair a écrit :
> > vdradmin has nothing to do with your xml file. So the first thing to do
> > would be to check if VDR shows the EPG for that channel. If it does it
> > should also appear in VDRAdmin.
>
> No it does not. Why is that the case? It is in the epg datafile.

VDRAdmin doesn't fetch the EPG data on every click you perform but it caches
the data for a configurable time (default 60min). In the meantime you don't
get EPG updates in VDRAdmin. Can you check if EPG shows if you force
VDRAdmin to refresh its cache? Try "killall -sHUP vdradmind.pl".

> > P.S.: I'd suggest you'd give more information on your configuration
> > like version numbers etc. in upcoming posts as this will help people to
> > help YOU.
>
> Like in my signature on vdr portal? =;-p

How should one know you're on vdr portal and what's your nick there?

> I am trying to understand the relationship between vdradmin and the vdr
> epg data. I use vdradmin much more than I use tvonscreen for example. I
> like to program my recordings way ahead so I use vdradmin for that. I am
> feeding vdradmin with xmltv2vdr and always have 10 days advance
> programming.

Maybe you want to always run "killall -sHUP vdradmind.pl" after running
xmltv2vdr?

Regards,
Andreas