[vdr] Turning off the status debugging?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Fri Nov 4 16:02:10 CET 2005

Jan Ekholm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to turn off the below status messages that VDR outputs in
> syslog?
>
> Oct 31 16:31:38 vdr[6491]: channel 12 (TV4) event 15:40 'Nyheterna' status 1
> Oct 31 16:31:38 vdr[6491]: channel 12 (TV4) event 15:40 'Nyheterna' status 4
> Oct 31 16:31:38 vdr[6491]: channel 12 (TV4) event 15:40 'Nyheterna' status 1
>
> Normally there is a few of these per hour, but lately there have been a "few
> more". This filled up the /var disk on our logging server, and that happened
> after 120000 of these messages. I guess the cable provider again has fubar
> data that they send out (happens quite often) and VDR isn't at fault (other
> than logging the status changes). I could of course just comment out the line
> in question and recompile...

Well, I'm still planning to only log the running status changes for
events (or maybe even entire schedules) that have a timer set to them.
But that would only help you if you don't have a timer on that
channel.

It never seizes to amaze me how inventive broadcasters are
when it comes to finding new ways to screw things up...

Klaus