[vdr] Working around Finnish EPG bugs?

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:57:37 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
>> Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>>> I'm watching Finnish DVB-T streams with VDR.  Often, the EPG information
>>> for a program contains part of the description of the previous or
>>> following
>>> program.  EPG bugfix level is set to 2.  Should it be configured
>>> differently
>>> for Finnish transponders?  Has anyone tried to contact the transponder
>>> people?
>> I set it to 0 and those problems were gone.
> This would mean that VDR's efforts to "fix" the EPG data would
> actually "damage" it?!
> Maybe you could investigate a little more into this to find
> out what actually does the damage?

Okay, I will update to the latest VDR and test if this is still applies
and look into the problem.

> Which transponder/channel is this data on?

IIRC in Finland DVB-T channels MTV3, Nelonen, subtv had this kind of
problems. They are transmitted in satellite 1W too, but haven't tested
that. I'd believe they use the same EPG data there.

Anssi Hannula