[vdr] Working around Finnish EPG bugs?

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:57:37 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
>
>> Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>>
>>> I'm watching Finnish DVB-T streams with VDR.  Often, the EPG information
>>> for a program contains part of the description of the previous or
>>> following
>>> program.  EPG bugfix level is set to 2.  Should it be configured
>>> differently
>>> for Finnish transponders?  Has anyone tried to contact the transponder
>>> people?
>>
>> I set it to 0 and those problems were gone.
>
> This would mean that VDR's efforts to "fix" the EPG data would
> actually "damage" it?!
>
> Maybe you could investigate a little more into this to find
> out what actually does the damage?

Okay, I will update to the latest VDR and test if this is still applies
and look into the problem.

> Which transponder/channel is this data on?

IIRC in Finland DVB-T channels MTV3, Nelonen, subtv had this kind of
problems. They are transmitted in satellite 1W too, but haven't tested
that. I'd believe they use the same EPG data there.

--
Anssi Hannula