[vdr] Working around Finnish EPG bugs?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Nov 5 13:38:37 CET 2005

Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> This would mean that VDR's efforts to "fix" the EPG data would
>> actually "damage" it?!
>>
>> Maybe you could investigate a little more into this to find
>> out what actually does the damage?
>

> Here's one example from Nelonen and it's the most annoying one
> atleast for me ("Elokuva" is "Movie" in english).
>
> Bug fix level 0:
> E 561 1131230400 7500 50
> T Elokuva: Saattokeikka (K15)
> S (The Last Detail/USA 1973).
>
> Bug fix level 1:
> E 561 1131230400 7500 50
> T Elokuva: Saattokeikka (K15)
> S .

This is apparently caused by VDR's EPG "bugfix":

      // Some channels put too much information into the ShortText and leave the
      // Description empty:
      //
      // Title
      // (NAT, Year Min')[ ["ShortText". ]Description]
      //

which in such a case removes the (...) part.
Please try commenting out this part of the code to see whether
it works then.

I do wonder, though, why they write the information between brackets.
There's absolutely no reason for that...

Klaus