[vdr] Working around Finnish EPG bugs?

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Sat Nov 5 15:04:24 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> This is apparently caused by VDR's EPG "bugfix":

Yep, I know that and the only reason I've been using bugfix level 1 is
"No Title" fix. Could we move that to level 0 ?

> I do wonder, though, why they write the information between brackets.
> There's absolutely no reason for that...

It's an old custom to introduce the original name, country, year and
duration of the movie inside brackets following the actual description
of the event, but ometimes that actual description is missing on channel
Nelonen.

E 496 1131221100 5922 50
T Viimeinen lohikäärme
S (Dragonheart, USA 1996, 99'). O: Rob Cohen. N: Dennis Quaid, David
Thewlis, Pete Postlethwaite, Sean Connery (ääni). Fantasiaseikkailu
ritarista ...

E 537 1131274500 5997 50
T Mies jonka minulle annoit
S (The Country Girl, USA 1954, 100'). O: George Seaton. N: Bing Crosby,
Grace Kelly, William Holden. Grace Kelly Oscar-roolissaan
alkoholisoituneen ...

BR,
--
rofa