[vdr] index.vdr misses pictures

Werner ws at seh.de
Sun Nov 6 12:02:09 CET 2005

Hello,

in recent recording from premiere i saw that not all pictures in
the data stream are indexed in index.vdr. The displayed movie lenghts are
slightly to short and the cutmarks in marks.vdr are wrong. I use
marks.vdr in an external program. The resulting cutted movies are
sometimes about 1-2 minutes too short. This does not affect normal
vdr users too much because vdr cutted movies have the right len.

Im not an mpeg expert, so only some speculations:
It looks that every index.vdr entry points to an "packet start code"
(0x000001). Vdr assumes that every packet has mostly one picture start
code. The difference i saw between old recordings and new recordings
is that in new recordings are sometimes two picture start codes in a
packet. The second one is dropped by vdr.
I have no idea of how to fix this assuming that vdr can only resume
on a packet start code. Anyone any idea?

/Werner