[vdr] get informations about current running recording or timeshifting

Patrick Fischer patrick_fischer at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 17:29:56 CET 2005

Hello
I would like to get some informations from the current cPlayer.
Just like the PTS of the current running recording or of the current
timeshift.
Maybe also "time to run of current running recording" or "total Time of
current running recording"

At the moment I don't have a overview over all functions of vdr.
I think there are two ways to get this informations.

1) create an own cPlayer with the same function the the dvbplayer but
with one more function to get the informations. Drawback is that I need
to copy much functions.

2) patch vdr to include my function into the dvbplayer.

I'm not sure which is the best(and maybe fastest) way to implement this
function.
I prefer a plugin. Maybe there is a way for SVDRP or Custom services
that I don't know.

Patrick