[vdr] Suggestions for VDR setup with output over GeForce 3 Ti500

Anders Gunnarsson d00guan at dtek.chalmers.se
Mon Nov 7 18:00:29 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm going to set up a VDR-box with output over an ordinary graphics card
for the first time. The box is to be a dedicated tv and mediaplayer.

As I understood the choise is between xine and softdevice plugins, and
then if X or frame buffer is to be used. It would be nice to make use of
hardware acceleration if that is possible.

I would be glad if someone with experience from such setups could be
kind enough to give me some hints to what would be suitable setup for my
needs, when it comes to plugins to use for output and media playing, and
output method (X, FB, ...).

Hardware to be used is:
P4 1.8, 512MB
Geforce 3 Ti 500