[vdr] VDR and polarization problems

Harri Helmroos harri.helmroos at pp.inet.fi
Tue Nov 8 23:21:07 CET 2005


Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Harri Helmroos wrote:
>> Hello me, nice talking to myself...
>>
>> Okay, I might have rushed a bit here.
>>
>> Appears that this is _not_ a hardware problem. I found from somewhere 
>> a diseqc.conf where is A and B (for a mini diseqc or alike) commands 
>> applied.
>>
>> Guess what happens when I put the commands in my diseqc.conf? ZZZZAP! 
>> Channels work precisely like they did before when I had single LNB's, 
>> meaning it works as it should.
>>
>> But (there's always a but??), if I put for the third satellite 
>> command C, vdr won't start, instead it blames me for making an error 
>> in diseqc.conf. So I take that there doesn't even exist such a thing 
>> as C.  My question is now, how do I get 3rd satellite (13.0E in 
>> position 3) to work with the 4/1 diseqc (I think it's a 1.0 protocol 
>> or whatever it's called).
>>
>> Here's how it looks now, working so far with 2 first satellites:
>>
>> [diseqc.conf start]
>> S1.0W  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 t
>> S1.0W  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 T
>> S1.0W  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 t
>> S1.0W  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 T
>>
>> S5.0E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 B W15 t
>> S5.0E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 B W15 T
>> S5.0E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 B W15 t
>> S5.0E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 B W15 T
>>
>> #S13.0E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 t
>> #S13.0E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 T
>> #S13.0E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 t
>> #S13.0E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 T
>> [diseqc.conf ends]
>
> Forget the A and B, they are for 2-port mini-switches
> That should do it.
>
> ----
> # Port 1
> S1.0W  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 t
> S1.0W  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 T
> S1.0W  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 t
> S1.0W  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 T
> # Port 2
> S5.0E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 t
> S5.0E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 T
> S5.0E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 t
> S5.0E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W15 T
> # Port 3
> S13.0E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 t
> S13.0E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 T
> S13.0E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 t
> S13.0E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F8] W15 T
> # Port 4
> S19.2E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 FC] W15 t
> S19.2E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 FC] W15 T
> S19.2E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 FC] W15 t
> S19.2E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 FC] W15 T
Thanks Lauri for your reply. Unfortunately that configuration doesn't 
work with my twin-lnb's. I had that configuration from the beginning 
(since vdr-1.3.24) working with my single-lnb's.

After installing the twin-lnb's, that configuration just makes me have 
to switch to a channel with h-pol before I like to watch a chan with 
v-pol. Irritating problem I might say.

Greets,
HH



More information about the vdr mailing list