[vdr] replace cDvbPlayer

Patrick Fischer patrick_fischer at gmx.de
Wed Nov 9 16:57:53 CET 2005

Hello
A coupe of days ago I wrote to this list an question about current
running recordings and time shifting.
I got no answer :-(

Now I would like to reword my question:

If I'm right, the cDVBPlayer(Control) handles all playing of recordings
and time shift.
Now I would like to add some functions to the player to get some more
informations about the current running recording.
I can't find a way to implement it by a plugin. I could "re" implement a
cMyDVBPlayer and the cMyDVBPlayerControl. But how to replace the
original cDVBPlayer with cMyDVBPlayer without patching?

By the way:

cReplayControl was derivative from cDvbPlayerControl
cDvbPlayerControl has a cDvbPlayer

cDvbPlayer was derivative from cPlayer

every time a new recording should be played vdr cControl::Shutdown()
and then cControl::Launch(new cReplayControl);

I cant see a possibility to replace it without patching.
Maybe somebody (klaus, xine developer, softdevice developer,...) can
help me with some words.

Patrick

P.S. sorry for my bad English