[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-autosort-0.0.4 - a channel autosorter

Frank Scherthan frank.scherthan at gmx.de
Thu Nov 10 23:16:59 CET 2005

CopyPoint schrieb:
>> Is there a way to force housekeeping? Or to force autosort? I'd like
>> test some modifications in autosort.conf...
> Just as ugly workaround:
> (sorry, i don't have line numbers here on win-würg)
> Search for 'startup' and replace 0 by 1
>   if (0){ // ToDo: replace by config option "On Startup"
>     CheckChannels();
>     }
> Search _twice_ for 'int maxmoves' and increase them to what you want
> (2000 ?)
>   int maxmoves = 20;
> But:
> This will of course slow down your startup
> Watchdog may expire during housekeeping
> AS will still take just one group per run
maxmoves > 100 restarts my VDR with 30s watchtimer, so i still would
have had to wait a long time for the housekeeping to kick in.
What I did:
I just added a
to MainMenuAction and assigned a key :)
That makes debugging (and calling the plugin) easy.

Maybe someday you could try to keep autosort in a thread, so that vdr
still responses, even if houskeeping (and therefor autosort) kicks in.

I really don't know how I could live without that plugin. Finally all my
2500 channels are sorted the way I alway wanted them :)

I only miss sorting by frequency (=transponder) and filtering by source
(witch you already wanted to implement).

THANK YOU for this plugin!