[vdr] Remote plugin breakage with 2.6.15-rc1+ kernel

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Sun Nov 13 17:05:50 CET 2005

Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
> How is the autodetect feature intended to work? Is it able to follow a
> "moving target"? I had the problem that the IR device changes from
> event1 to event2 when I connect a keyboard to the VDR box (what I do
> only in the rare cases where access via SSH cannot be used).

The autodetect feature uses the first DVB remote control which can be
found.

If you add a keyboard the event device will move. The remote plugin will
find the DVB receiver and start key-learning for that interface.
This has to be done only once for each interface.

I'm using this feature for a long time with my dual 2.4/2.6 system.

> On my SuSE 9.3 based VDR this is solved by an udev rule that generates a
> symbolic link /dev/input/ir to the /dev/input/eventx where the IRC is
> actually located.

You can do that but it's not worth the effort imho. ;-)

Oliver