[vdr] mp3 plugin : image corruption]

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Sun Nov 13 23:49:05 CET 2005

Hi,

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

>>>Very Best Of Supertramp/cover.jpg.mpg
>>>mad: lost sync 03334449 00000000 ID3^C
>>>mad: skipping over ID3 tag
>>
>>I too get the lost sync message, but the images still appear perfectly.
>>Strange is that I don't get this message for any mp3 file from my
>>brother's library. I know that there are several versions for mp3 tags,
>>so either libmad doesn't understand the version your software creates or
>>your software simply does it wrong. But I'm no mp3 expert ;-)
>
> The "lost sync" message means that the mp3 decoder has detected
> something in the stream, which can't be decoded.
> This can be a ID3 tag but some other garbage too.
> The next message "skipping over ID3 tag" means that a ID3 tag was
> recognised.

Hhm, though it's strange that I don't get these messages for my
brother's files although they contain ID3 tags too, but maybe a
different version.

> The messages are not related to the image processing in any way.

That's right.

@Simon:
I've tried to reproduce this issue on my other system but I can't
reproduce it. My last resort would be to write the stream data which
input_vdr receives into a file for further debugging.

How are your programming skills? Do you think you can manage this on
your own?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl