[vdr] vdr-xine, changing priority of the receiver when connected

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Mon Nov 14 00:20:40 CET 2005

Reinhard Nissl <rnissl at gmx.de> writes:

>>>Hmm while i continue to seek, could you confirm it will be possible to
>>>set the receiving device priority from xineDevice.C ?
>>>
>>>Very likely i'll will answer this myself in a few hours ;)
>> Ok, if i've understood things well, i can't without adding a new
>> protected function to cDevice. (i guess it's the nice way and that it
>> could be worst: cReceiver *receiver[MAXRECEIVERS]; could be moved from
>> private to protected)
>> Ok, maybe i should think in silence :)
>
> Well, please keep in mind that you'll have to change receiver priority
> whenever a new receiver is created (e. g. when a transfer thread is
> started e. g. after replaying a recording or when switching channels).
> So cXineDevice::SetPlayMode() is your friend ;-)

Oh yes, that's what i've found, but SetPlayMode() doesn't know when the
client connects to the plugin. So I have to play in both SetPlayMode
(and check if a client is connected) and OnClientConnect/Disconnect.

I just thought I could do that without modifying vdr.
(it seems i can't, but i'd love to read i'm wrong)

I'll propose a new method, it doesn't cost anything to propose :-)
Maybe it could help solving something that hasn't been solved (i
think): http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.vdr/23212