[vdr] [patch] load i18n versions of commands/reccmds.conf

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Nov 14 17:24:54 CET 2005

Lucian Muresan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a patch for further i18n of VDR, namely in the
> commands.conf and reccmds.conf files. Even if any user can customize
> these files to his whishes (and language), I think that it is more
> consistent from the VDR user interface point of view if the commands
> defined there also change their language on the OSD, according to the
> OSD language setting...

The commands files are typically written by the specific users
themselves, so I would assume they write these in _their_
language and that's it.

I don't think that this feature is necessary, it only makes
things needlessly complex, because then you would have to
maintain numerous copies of your commands files, and any
changes you make would have to be done in several files
instead of a single place.

Klaus