[vdr] MP3 plugin and ALSA

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Mon Nov 14 18:17:01 CET 2005

I recently suggested adding proper ALSA output to the MP3 plugin. Reason:
I switched over to softdevice and have no FF card in my system any more
(the CPU is not the box heater, as opposed to the rev 1.3 card before ;-)
and hence can't use the J2 SPDIF out any more.

I noticed last night that softdevice AC3 SPDIF does work for the MP3 plugin
as the DVB output channel if MP3 is configured for DVB. D'oh. *rolling

So - for now I'm not going to dig into it - lacking time.

The moon may be smaller than Earth, but it's further away.