[vdr] is anybody working on a EM86xx driver/plugin?

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Mon Nov 14 22:32:36 CET 2005

Hi,

there used to be a thread in the German-speaking vdrportal about developing
a driver for the http://www.allwell.tv/ EM8621L PCI card but the discussion
seems to be dead as far as development.

How about the Odyssey development or evaluation kits from Sigma Designs
themselves?
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/odyssey_features_specifications.htm
has the specs. Sounds very promising for HDTV.

Anybody???

And while we're at it - the em8300 Hollywood cards appear to be able to
decode a 720p MPEG2 stream. Does that mean if I convert a HDTV stream to a
MPEG2 stream (and possibly rescale it from 1920x1080 to 1280x720), and
throw the resulting stream at the card it will provide a proper picture?
What CPU would be needed for this? Just curious. A full hardware decoder
like the 8620 family is definitively the better solution, especially with a
DVI out.

How about the EM8400 plugin? Any success?

--
Lewis's Law of Travel:
	The first piece of luggage out of the chute doesn't belong to