[vdr] is anybody working on a EM86xx driver/plugin?

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Mon Nov 14 22:32:36 CET 2005

there used to be a thread in the German-speaking vdrportal about developing
a driver for the http://www.allwell.tv/ EM8621L PCI card but the discussion
seems to be dead as far as development.

How about the Odyssey development or evaluation kits from Sigma Designs
has the specs. Sounds very promising for HDTV.

And while we're at it - the em8300 Hollywood cards appear to be able to
decode a 720p MPEG2 stream. Does that mean if I convert a HDTV stream to a
MPEG2 stream (and possibly rescale it from 1920x1080 to 1280x720), and
throw the resulting stream at the card it will provide a proper picture?
What CPU would be needed for this? Just curious. A full hardware decoder
like the 8620 family is definitively the better solution, especially with a
DVI out.

How about the EM8400 plugin? Any success?

Lewis's Law of Travel:
	The first piece of luggage out of the chute doesn't belong to
anyone, ever.