[vdr] which tv-out card?

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Tue Nov 15 02:13:07 CET 2005

Niko Mikkila wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:49:07 +0000
> Jon Burgess <jburgess at uklinux.net> wrote:
> For a very detailed discussion on these issues, see VDR mailing list archives
> in October, 2004. The thread starts here, but you'll need to read it through
> to see the situation (which hasn't changed as of now) completely:

Thanks for the pointer, i'll take a good look at it.

> Luckily the interlaced CRT televisions are being phased out and soon we'll
> only have nice progressive panels and projectors. Just waiting for the
> 1080p @ 50Hz broadcasts ;)

... to be replaced with a different set of issues around HDMI, MPEG4,
WMV9, DRM etc.

I'm thinking about making a jump to the new generation but when I look
closely at the specs for LCDs and Plasmas I've yet to find a model that
says that it really does a native 50Hz display for VGA or DVI. The
detailed spec sheets for every model that i've looked at all quote a
60Hz vertical refresh rate for the digital inputs. I'd love to be proved
wrong, but for now i'll be sticking to my SD CRT.

	Jon