[vdr] Softdevice-logs getting flodded

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Tue Nov 15 07:19:06 CET 2005

On Montag, 14. November 2005 23:22, Dave wrote:
> That seemed to do it!  not only are the logs no longer getting flooded,
> but now the picture is even straight and perfect on the screen, before
> on the left edge there was a gap missing on the left side (blank space),
> that is gone now!
>
> I see some "xrun" things in the logs, but have no idea what they are.

They are printed when we have nto enough audio data. Sound card
plays a bit too fast or transmission sampled a bit to slow.

> were you able to reproduce the problem with the test stream at your end?

No, that was not reproducable for me. But I re-read my own comment in
that section. So there maybe some situations where compiler generated
code uses a higher presicion than double for a previous calculated value.
I changed the variable definition a short time ago from static volatile float
to local / member double and did not see a difference as I'm still using
the same gcc 3.3.1 mentioned in that comment. I've to redo the
volatile way.
Done, fix is in cvs.

Stefan Lucke