[vdr] Testing multi CAM mode

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Nov 19 10:43:34 CET 2005

Mikko Salo wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 14:49 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>if you have only one CAM in a CI adapter with two slots, then the line
>>           newCaSupport = true;
>>at the end of cCiHandler::SendCaPmt() could be triggering the jumpy
>>live stream. Could you please try without this line?
> Yes, I have only one Conax CAM in a CI with two slots.
> Removing that line fixed live stream.
> I really hoped it would fix recording too, but no...darn! :(
> I noticed that if I'm recording encrypted channel and don't change
> channel but switch to replay mode of that at the same time recording
> channel, it gets distorted.
> Only when I record and watch that same channel I get no distortions in
> recordings, same as if I'm without this patch :)
> --Mikko

Are you getting distortions in the recording only when you switch
live channels or start/stop a recording, or all the time, even
if you don't do anything?

In the first case this could be a problem with your CAM not
implementing the CA_PMT FIRST/MORE/LAST handling correctly.
In the latter case I currently have no idea what might be wrong