[vdr] Re: Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300 OT success stories

Martin Dauskardt md001 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 22 20:42:16 CET 2005

> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:27:24 +0200
> From: Mika Lehtinen <tengam at gmail.com>
> Subject: [vdr] Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300 OT success stories
> To: Klaus Schmidinger's VDR <vdr at linuxtv.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recomend buying a Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300 OT card
> for use with VDR? Can you get it working? I can't seem to be able to
> figure out the current driver status from anywhere. It seems, that
> there are or at least have been tuning and audio issues.
>
> It would be great to hear, if someone has had success (tuning, digital
> & analogue audio, etc.) with the above card and even better to get
> pointers to working Linux kernel versions / patches.
>
> Thanks,
> Mika

Hi Mika,

you should also ask the guys in the linuxtv mailing list
(linux-dvb at linuxtv.org) !

this is what I know from www.vdrportal.de:

-the card (also known as Nexus-CA) works :-)

-sound via the analog output is only possible with patched drivers. There
exists an older "quick-and-dirty"-patch, but this patch doesn`t work with
the current dvb-kernel CVS. I compiled a kernel 2.6.14 with this patched
driver for LinVDR, and the tester said it works ! You can find the patch at
http://www.sroegner.de/vdr/patches.php

-sound via the digital output works since one or two weeks with the current
dvb-kernel drivers.

To get both working (analog + digital sound with the same driver) there are
two possibilities:

-find somebody who is able to modify the "dirty" analog-patch so that it
works with the current dvb-kernel
-wait until a "clean" solution for analog audio is found, so that it can be
integrated officially in the dvb-kernel CVS

Hope this helps you!