[vdr] Building a streaming client

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Fri Nov 25 08:03:34 CET 2005

Stephan Loescher <loescher at gmx.de> wrote:
> An alternative to VIA could be the miniPC2 based on AMD Geode:
> It has no DVI-port, but the VGA-signal is extremly good.

I would rather not go back to analog, given that my TV set does have a DVI
input :-) Plus, I've still not lost hope that the HDCP issue will
eventually be solved ;-) Thanks for the hint anyway!

While we're at it - how does the xine-plugin / xine-player combo compare to
softdevice? Softdevice supports some nice feature like cropping 14:9 or
16:9 contents and rescaling it to full resolution (in my case, 1280x720)
just fine. And it rescales anamorphous material automatically if set for

"Star Wars is adolescent nonsense; Close Encounters is obscurantist
drivel; Star Trek can turn your brains to pur'ee of bat guano; and the
greatest science fiction series of all time is Doctor Who!  And I'll
take you all on, one-by-one or all in a bunch to back it up!"
		-- Harlan Ellison