[vdr] Feature request: single frame advance

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 14:48:24 CET 2005

I demand that Carsten Koch may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt, the guardian of the english lanaguage, wrote:
>> I demand that Carsten Koch may or may not have written...
[snip]
>>> Maybe green and yellow could be used altered, so they continue to go
>>> forward/backward one minute out of play mode, but would go
>>> forward/backward one frame out of pause mode?

>> Why not when _in_, respectively, play mode and pause mode?

> You may be in play/pause mode before and after skipping forward/backward,
> but while you skip you are in skip mode.

Or, rather, VDR may be in the relevant mode. ;-)

> Does that make any sense to a native english speaker?

Well... yes - but, wrt what's being discussed, it's a curious way of putting
it. I prefer to consider playing, paused etc. as states within playback mode.
(Strangely, we have "resume playback" from the paused state. I blame the
language.)

> I would certainly put it that way in german. :-)

That's "English" and "German". We do have /some/ capitalised nouns... :-)

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.packages.html>

You will live a long, healthy, happy life and make bags of money.