[vdr] RE: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.37

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Wed Nov 30 08:44:57 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:14:51PM +0100, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:30:20 +0100
> > From: Sascha Volkenandt <lists at magoa.net>
> > Subject: Re: [vdr] RE: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.37
> >
> > On Monday 28 November 2005 07:34, Martin Dauskardt wrote:
> > >
> > > I recognized that channel switching to an AC3-channel goes much
> > faster with
> > > Live-AC3, when you comment out some lines in transfer.c and dvbosd.c to
> > > turn off the buffer reserve :
> > >
> > > //     #define FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3
> > > //     #ifdef FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3
> > >      //XXX This is a very ugly hack to allow cDvbOsd to reduce
> > the buffer
> > >      //XXX requirements in cTransfer if it detects a 4MB full
> > featured DVB
> > > card.
> > >      extern bool DvbCardWith4MBofSDRAM;
> > >      DvbCardWith4MBofSDRAM = osdMem >= 1000000;
> > > //     #endif
> >
> > Sorry for complaining, but with these three lines commented, the
> > code does
> > exactly the same as the original code (it even compiles to the
> > same object
> > code). Maybe this mail is missing the patched part in transfer.c? Or am I
> > missing something? :-)
> >

> no, there is nothing wrong.
>
> Try it, it works. Channel switching to an AC3-channel becomes much faster.

The trick is that if FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3 is not defined
the later code in cTransfer::Action() used only with this cpp macro
defined, will not executed.   The boolean DvbCardWith4MBofSDRAM is
set to false but never used anymore.

      Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/