[vdr] Vdr and Parental Lock (and logical channels :)

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 14:44:34 CEST 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 13:26, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:

> The user will be able to create an arbitrary folder structure, and
> any channel may be in any number of different folders.
>
> But this is post-1.4 stuff...

Sounds cool - 'profiles' will certainly add flexibility :) While we're all
staring at the sky, can I put forward a suggestion in the channels theme?

I receive many channels via both DVB-T and DVB-C (and sure if I had a DVB-S
card + dish I could get many via FTA from Astra, too) and it would be a great
boon to be able to have single 'logical' channels rather than "BBC ONE" via
DVB-C and another "BBC ONE" via DVB-T in a section of channels.conf just
called 'Freeview'.

Would it make sense to implement this in post 1.4 so that recordings and
channel-changing may take place without having to think that 'hmm I want to
record programme X on the BBC, but I better remember to record using the
DVB-T card, otherwise I'll lose access to all the cable channels'..

Just a suggestion :)

Cheers,
Gavin.