[vdr] VDSB with Kernel 2.6.13

Stephan Schreiber stephan at sschreiber.de
Tue Oct 4 19:44:28 CEST 2005

Carsten Koch wrote:
> Stephan Schreiber wrote:
> > I have got one FF card plus 3 Nova CI Budget Cards, usually
> using the
> > latest driver, firmware and VDR versions.
> > After having upgraded to Kernel 2.6.13, I get the dreaded
> "Video Data
> > Stream Broken" error as soon as a recording starts.
> > When switching back to 2.6.12 everything works fine again (same
> > driver, same firmware)...no problem recording from 4
> different transponders...
>
> Has this problem been solved in the meantime?
>
> I have just received SuSE 10.0 and I am wondering if I should
> install it on my VDR system, which also has one FF card and
> two budget cards.
>
> Carsten.

I also posted this on the linux-dvb mailing list but got no reply.
As far as I'm concerned the problem still exists (haven't tried any CVS
driver after Sep. 19 yet, however).
Give it a try, and if it doesn't work you'd at least prove me right ;-)
And of course you can always switch back to 2.6.12 and stick with that one
for a while to come...

Stephan