[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.1.3

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Mon Sep 5 15:29:42 CEST 2005

> Softdevice plugin enables vdr to run on your desktop with
> so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
> DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.

Is this soon HDTV capable? There are commercial MPEG2 HDTV channels available, and last time I checked vdr-softdevice was unable to decode those.

It decoded the stream (1920x1080) but displayed on screen something like 720x576 window of the original stream.

This might have changed but I haven't checked recent soft devices because release notes doesn't mention anything about fixing it.

Best regards, Jori