[vdr] VDR with VLC (videolan)

trois.six at free.fr trois.six at free.fr
Wed Sep 7 16:39:19 CEST 2005

Quoting "C.Y.M" <syphir at syphir.sytes.net>:

> Gavin Hamill wrote:
>> On Wednesday 07 September 2005 14:11, C.Y.M wrote:
>>
>>> I am able to get video, but the audio isnt working for some reason..

Hi,

I succeeded to do the same since a long time but using streamdev + VLC
(without
looping anything to a sound card) with video and sound. Currently, using
streamdev, I don't have sound and I don't know why.

Using v4l is better because we have the OSD and it's more easy to change the
channel.

Is there any way to have a device like /dev/video for the sound without
looping
to the sound card ??

Regards,

Trois Six