[vdr] How does VDR handle AFD?

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Sep 15 23:00:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>>AFD information appears in the video stream after user data startcodes
>>(0x000001B2) and these appear before picture start codes (0x00000100).
>
> User data and thus AFD can be in other places, too (in theory, I have
> no practical experience). Described in the MPEG-2 video spec.

You are right, there are 3 places for user data: user data 0 is in front
of a group start code, user data 1 appears in front of the picture start
code and user data 2 is before the first slice start code.

But all of them should typically be within 2048 bytes when
cVideoRepacker starts a new PES packet just after the last slice of a
picture.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl