[vdr] RE: vdr + dxr3-plugin + dvd-plugin = no sound

Martin Dauskardt md001 at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 21:51:42 CEST 2005

> Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:43:08 +0200
> From: Eric GRAMMATICO <e.grammatico at gmail.com>
> Subject: [vdr] vdr + dxr3-plugin + dvd-plugin = no sound
> To: vdr at linuxtv.org
> Hi All,
>
> I have no sound using dvd-plugin, dont know where to investigate.
> Please, anyone to give a help ?
>
> When I press the ok button, vdr repports I am reading ac3 sound track.
> If I well understood, vdr is not able to decode such sound track to
> analog output, is it ? does it mean I need a digital amplifier ?
>

> vdr-1.3.27
> dxr3-0.2.4
> dvd cvs check out.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric.

Hi Eric,

the dxr3 plugin is (for the moment) not able to give an AC3 signal out of
the card. But you can hear AC3-DVDs with sound over the analogue output. For
this, you need a patch both on vdr and the plugin:
http://www.lordzodiac.de/patch/dxr3-0.2.4-audioid.tgz
But you will have to disable Dolby Digital in VDR settings.